Company & role background:
Oxford Brain Diagnostics Ltd (OBD) - We are on our mission to deliver a leap forward in the early detection of Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia, so that we can support the development of new drugs and treatments and improve the care of patients around the world.
OBD is now ready to take the next level of growth and seek out a strong Marketing candidate to drive the marketing content, lead generation, social media, and PR campaigns for the company.
We are looking for a creative candidate that has the self-confidence, gravity, and natural marketing flair to guide OBD marketing strategies and build a brand that stands out in the neurological disorders sector. With a strong bias towards marketing tools and analytical techniques, this candidate can roll up their sleeves and manage day to day tasks (maintain the company website, build, and develop marketing qualified leads, ensure consistency of company external materials adhering to brand guidelines etc), while at the same time propose strategic campaigns, brand identity, and deliver a consistent corporate identity in a B2B setting. It is expected that the ideal candidate has an excellent understanding how to use Marketing tools to unlock commercial opportunities for the sales team.
The role will be working on a day-to-day basis with the C-Suite, Science and Technology teams. There is a huge variety of work within the creative and marketing aspect of this role. The candidate will be given a wide range of responsibilities to express their creativity and we hope can expand and grow into this role within the company. The role is UK based and will be reporting directly to the Chief Commercial Officer. There will be some international travel to US and Europe (mostly for conference purposes), in the future we expect to establish conference booths in key events.
We offer a competitive salary, annual company bonus scheme (performance based) and an employee share option scheme so that everyone can share in the future success of the company. We provide 25 days holiday plus local bank holidays, and company-matched pension contributions. The cycle-to-work scheme is popluar.
Lead generation activities
- Support CCO and Sales in building Marketing qualified leads to feed into the sales pipeline. Tracking CRM contacts, monitor lead generation campaigns for key clients (no cold calling expected).
- Work with the Science team on their KOL speaker series, paper, abstracts and poster material to leverage content for maximum exposure to the market.
- Build compelling sales pitches that directly address the challenges and pain points of clients in our target markets, work with the CCO, CEO, Science and Tech teams to build compelling stories to support industry and specific client engagements.
- Attendance as part of the team at key scientific/pharma/biotech conferences will be a requirement for this role, especially as the company grows.
Social Media, Website & Company Material
- Proactively launch social media, digital and major media print campaigns throughout the year with a focus on conference season.
- Take full responsibility for administering all social media channels, maintain, update and revise based on strategic direction of the company. Responsibility for daily, weekly, monthly updates of these company social media accounts.
- Ability to track, screen and leverage SEO traffic through these channels and report back patterns and connection to the business.
- With the CCO, annual review of messaging house material and propose changes where appropriate in line with company core values and positioning.
- Bi-annual competitive intel surveillance of market messaging and positioning to track potential risks to products.
- Take full responsibility for the company press release process, generating drafts and seeking approvals via Chairman, CEO, CCO.
- Take responsibility for and own company Logo, corporate identity, company images, messaging house material and company templates for consistency of brand.
- Educated to undergraduate or postgraduate level in related Marketing/Business and/or Biomedical sciences qualification, experience with neurological disorders is an advantage.
- >5 years in depth experience in marketing and public relations role within a fast-paced innovative company and/or equivalent commercial roles (Marketing & Communications sector, ideally in healthcare).
- Good knowledge and ability to use Website management tools, Content management tools like .NET, Umbraco, WordPress.
- Intermediate to Advanced in MS Office Tools.
- Having a working knowledge of any CRM system.
- Strong technical skills in social media channels like LinkedIn, X (previously known as Twitter), YouTube.
Chief Commercial officer